Monday, June 8, 2009

Gary's World-Famous Sloppy Joes...

Any time I complement Brett's dad, I'm accused of trying to get "brownie points." Now that I'm posting his world-famous sloppy joe recipe, I can already see it comin'.....

Sloppy joes are one of those super-cheap-and-easy-to-go-to meals. Brown a little meat, add a few seasonings, bam, let's eat. Normally I use the William's dry seasoning mix but upon mentioning sloppy joes to Brett a few weeks back, he begged me to get his dad's recipe. Great, I thought, sloppy joes made from scratch? So much for super-cheap-and-easy-to-go-to! I sent Gary a quick text message, and he sent the recipe back almost immediately - with THREE ingredients! Oh yeah, I can handle that.

Gary's World-Famous Sloppy Joes

1 lb. ground beef or turkey

1 16-oz can Manwich BOLD sloppy joe sauce

1 jalepeno, minced


Brown beef. Add sauce. Add jalepeno. Stir. Heat. Eat.



No comments: