Monday, July 12, 2010

Cheesy Potatoes

July 4th never fails to show me a good time. In fact, I cannot think of the last time that I had a bad, or even mediocre, July 4th. Most years, Brett and I head to my brother or sister's house in the country for endless hours of fireworks, grilling, laughs and beer. This year, because July 4th fell on the day after we returned from our honeymoon, we chose to stay closer to home and kicked back with some friends. I can promise you that we still had our fill of fireworks, grilling, laughs and beer!

Chase and Morgan asked each person to bring a dish, and they would provide hamburgers and hot dogs. Brett and I had zero groceries, so we brought baked beans. Aimee and Jeff brought an amazing cinnamon cake with strawberries and blueberries, and Heather brought a yummy cocktail. But there's one more thing: Morgan's cheesy potatoes. I think as soon as I took one bite, I said: give me this recipe!!! And sure enough, I got it :-)

The original recipe calls for 1/2 C butter but for some reason, this turned out to be far too much for us. Looking at similar recipes online, many do call for this amount of butter, but some call for less. Next time I make this (there will be many "next times..."), I will only use 1/4 C butter (which is what I've stated below.)

Thanks for the awesome recipe, Morgan!

Cheesy Potatoes

2-lb bag frozen hashbrown potatoes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
10 oz cheddar cheese
1/4 C butter, melted

Thaw potatoes on counter for a couple of hours. Combine all ingredients and pour into a baking dish. Bake at 350 uncovered for 1 hr 15 minutes.




No comments: