Monday, March 16, 2009

Thai'd Peanut Chicken

...complements of Chase and Morgan!

I guess people are learning that if they have a good recipe, I'd like to know. Chase and Morgan, two of my good friends, told me about this dish last week. The first thing that caught my eye is that is has six (yes, six) ingredients - and it looks delicious even on paper. I'm always a fan of saving money...maybe it goes back to that finance thing?...so when I see a recipe that calls for a handful of ingredients and incorporates some really awesome Asian flavors, I'm gonna go for it!

As always, I made a few small alterations to this recipe to make it just how I like it...I added the General Tso sauce because I had it in the fridge, but it would be great with hoison sauce or teriyaki (or none - the original recipe only has the peanut butter and soy sauce.) I also tossed the chicken in red pepper flakes before sauteeing and I used a bright orange pepper, which has a very yummy flavor!

Also, use the measurements below as a starting point - if you looooove soy sauce, add more. If you hate garlic, leave it out. One of my favorite things about cooking is that you make the rules. Make it your own and have fun with it!

Thai'd Peanut Chicken

2 TBS peanut butter
2 TBS soy sauce
3 TBS General Tso's sauce (or other Asian sauce of your choice)
1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 bell peppers, cut into cubes
1-2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
1/2 pkg wide rice noodles, cooked and drained

1. In large sautee pan, cook chicken until juices run clear. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper if desired. Add bell peppers and garlic and sautee until tender.
2. Add peanut butter, soy sauce and other Asian-insprired sauce of your choice. Add rice noodles. Mix well and heat through.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lito will love this so it's on my list to fix. What's the General Tso's sauce brand name?

Sarah said...

Hi Mom, it's Iron Chef General Tso's Sauce and Glaze. I once poured it over a stir-fry dish too and it's super delish. I love the sweet/salty/spicy stuff!